- Zithromax Z-Pak Azithromycin Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Investigation
- Zoloft & SSRI Antidepressant Birth Defect Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Stevens Johnson (SJS) & Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEN) Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Unum/UnumProvident Disability Insurance Claim Denial Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Metal on Metal Replacement Hip Implant Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Mesothelioma Asbestos Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Investigation
- Dilantin Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS) Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Quinolone Lawsuit: Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox Liver Failure, SJS Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Lipitor Diabetes Lawsuit: Lipitor Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Xarelto Side Effects Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Risperdal Gynecomastia Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Testosterone Product Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
Top Drug Lawsuits
- Thursday, 21 March 2013 08:39
Chantix Side Effect Settlements More than $125,000
By John Curran
Running the numbers, that means that Chantix lawsuit attorneys have garnered an average of $125,000 for each of their clients. Note that the settlement amounts will vary based on the cases filed. For example, a Chantix wrongful death lawsuit such as those from the earliest settlements will net more than one damages award for a victim of Chantix depression side effects. Still, the average amount is a good target for men and women who took the smoking cessation aid and developed mental health problems and other side effects.
The fact that the majority of cases are being settled is good news for Chantix side effect victims and it does not mean that they need to worry that their claim no longer matters. Pfizer is merely setting a precedent for how it will handle cases regarding a dangerous drug. The FDA required a black box warning due to the sheer number of reports leading to Chantix wrongful death claims as well as suicide attempts.
Numbers regarding similar drugs bear out the claims that the company brought a dangerous drug to market. In the first year that Chantix was on the market, there was the same number of adverse effects reported to the FDA regarding Chantix depression as there were for Zyban and Wellbutrin over the previous 10 years. Considering that the latter two are also prescribed widely for depression and related mental health problems, the disparity is significant, although many plaintiffs argued that Pfizer did little to indicate the risks when it aggressively marketed the drug.
New plaintiffs won't be kept out of Chantix lawsuit settlement talks, as noted above, so people who have dealt with mental health problems as a result of taking the smoking cessation drug should still consider filing a claim if they want to. Get a free consultation with a Chantix lawsuit attorney to establish one's eligibility at the Chantix Suicide, Heart Attack, Suicide Attempt & Stevens Johnson Syndrome Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Investigation. It costs nothing but could be the first step in getting money for paying medical bills and offsetting any lost wages.
Updated March 21st, 2013
All medical device, dangerous drug and medical class action and lawsuit news updates are listed in the Drug and Medical Device section of Top Class Actions.
Top Class Actions Legal Statement