- Actos Bladder Cancer Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Zithromax Z-Pak Azithromycin Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Investigation
- Zoloft & SSRI Antidepressant Birth Defect Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Stevens Johnson (SJS) & Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEN) Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Unum/UnumProvident Disability Insurance Claim Denial Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Metal on Metal Replacement Hip Implant Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Mesothelioma Asbestos Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Investigation
- Dilantin Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS) Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Quinolone Lawsuit: Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox Liver Failure, SJS Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Lipitor Diabetes Lawsuit: Lipitor Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Xarelto Side Effects Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Testosterone Product Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
- Risperdal Gynecomastia Class Action Lawsuit Investigation
Top Drug Lawsuits
- Tuesday, 02 April 2013 07:40
Remaining Chantix Side Effects Claims Go to Mediation
By John Curran
There are about 2,160 cases that were settled with the pharmaceutical giant, which means that the average settlement was roughly $120,000. Pfizer is expecting that the remaining plaintiffs will receive about the same amount for those who say they dealt with depression, suicidal thoughts and other Chantix side effects, for a total of $15 million. The final amount the company will pay in Chantix settlements may be higher than this, however, depending on how the mediation process goes.
Some lawsuit plaintiffs may not agree to settle if they’re offered a deal that doesn’t fairly compensate their individual injuries. In a case as large as this, someone who has dealt with depression might receive a different payout than one who alleges Chantix suicide attempt side effects. It’s also possible that those with less dangerous disorders caused by the smoking cessation drug will choose not to settle because the money offered does not accurately match their medical bills and loss of quality of life.
In that case, do not expect the mediator to find a quick resolution to work between Pfizer and Chantix lawsuit lawyers. That would end up being a good thing for plaintiffs, as well as those who may be considering filing their own lawsuit. While a settlement does not imply any wrongdoing unless specifically stipulated, the drug maker clearly understands that going to trial is not worth the risk.
Judge Johnston set a deadline of April 2 for the mediator to report the results of the initial settlement negotiations. It is expected that further negotiation with the mediator would occur the following week.
While these developments are a strong sign that some sort of monetary award will be available to Chantix suicide attempt side effects victims, getting competent legal representation is important in obtaining the maximum amount. Get a free consultation with a Chantix injury lawyer at the Chantix Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Investigation. It costs nothing and can help a victim to understand whether or not they can file an eligible claim against Pfizer because of the smoking cessation drug.
Start today and fill out the short form at the investigation to get the jury award or settlement your Chantix side effects case merits.
Updated April 2nd, 2013
All medical device, dangerous drug and medical class action and lawsuit news updates are listed in the Drug and Medical Device section of Top Class Actions.
Top Class Actions Legal Statement